Thursday, March 17, 2011

blog 3 How do we know what is real?

When we little child our parents used to advise us and tell us story about everything in life but when we are growing up we understand that some things are not true.  My parents used to tell me a lot of things that now I realized that is not true.


First of all, as a child I believed that there is a Santa Clause until I saw my father putting my Christmas gifts under the tree.  I was very sad and I could not believe that wasn’t real and I didn’t say anything to my parents thought.   When I was 16 years old my parents told me that there is not Santa Clause and I didn’t say anything because I realized it before they say anything and I could say anything because I was teenager.  I was sad because they say lies to me but when I was growing up I realized that every parent tells to their children the same thing. 


When I was growing up my tooth getting off and my mother always was telling me “Elena before you sleep but your teeth under your pillow and the tooth fairy will give you money.”  I was so happy about the tooth fairy and I always push my teeth out.  One night, when I was 14 years old I put my tooth under my pillow and I used to get up and use the bathroom sometimes.   So that night I woke up and I saw my mother putting money next to my bed and I asked what she was doing and she said nothing go back to sleep.  The next day I woke up and I found money but I didn’t believe that was the tooth fairy because I saw my mother putting money.  I spoke to my brother about tooth fairy and he told me that they did the same thing to him when he was little.  Finally I learnt from my brother that there is not tooth fairy like no Santa. 



As a conclusion, I am 23 years old and I didn’t get it why parents has to tell lies about everything when we were little kids.  Hopefully, when I will be mother I will not tell my kids this stuff about Santa, tooth fairy or superman or Spiderman because all these stuff are an illusion and lies.  You never can see them or touch them or being like them. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, you got to have santa claus till 16, you were luckier than most. Why do you think parents do tell that lie?

    ReplyDelete